Hello, fellow Christmas lovers!
This is S’more the Elf! What’s your favorite color?
I like that color, too. I, also, like you. In fact, I like lots of people. Most people I meet inspire me. When I meet a new person, especially someone I am going to be spending a lot of time with, I try to notice what makes them special, what they do that makes the world a better place, what skills I can learn from them. It’s just one of those things you can do to make your life and the lives of those around you a little more pleasant. Otherwise, I turn into an absolute HUM BUG and think everyone is a MORON. It can happen. However, there are a few select people that are easy to admire. There are some I absolutely adore!
Tip toppity on that list is SANTA! I love Santa! He is everything that most elves aspire to. I suppose the girl elves would all look up to Mrs. Claus, but we boy elves think Mr. C. is pretty cool. I mean, come on! He knows everything there is to know about making toys! He’s got an awesome ride! He’s gentle, loving, and jolly. Most kids and animals love to be around him. He loves to play, tell jokes, and eat with just about anybody.
Of course, I am posed next to a very realistic Santa figurine by Jacqueline Kent in this picture, not the REAL Santa. Maybe I can get a picture with the real Santa soon for you. For the most realistic Santa figurines, swing by our shoppe to see our new Jacqueline Kent Santas and Mark Roberts Santas. We have carried Mark Roberts fairies and Santa figurines for years. This year we will have one of his fun elves, too. Jacqueline Kent is a designer carried by Kurt S. Adler. Her figurines are new to grace our shelves. Both artists specialize in posable items with exquisite detail.
When you get right down to it, what I admire most is that Santa is giving, and we should all be a little more giving because without it this world turns into a dreary old thing.
As Mother Theresa said, “It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.” So, there are no worries on dollar amounts or quantity. Just love each other enough to give… maybe a gift or money, but even just our time, a warm greeting, a prayer, a hug, or a smile. Santa would definitely agree, especially at this moment. I’m sure Santa, like all of us, is proud of the outpouring of prayers, gifts, and encouragement shown for Texas this week.
Alright! Inquiring elves want to know! I’m going around The Christmas Shoppe with a giant recorder asking all our shoppe elves who inspires them, who do they wanna be when they grow up, who do they just adore…
- “When I grow up, I want to be like my mom. Or Vicki… she’s an angel.”
Marty the Elf, a.k.a. Teacher Elf
- “Awww thanks, Marty! Besides being inspired by my mom, I am always inspired by my friend, Linda, who has demonstrated to me what ministry work means. She is truly a mentor.”
Vicki the Elf, a.k.a. Baker Elf
- “I am inspired by the military service men and women of our country. The level of hard work and dedication they show gives me a whole other level to aspire to. The demands of their jobs are great, both physically and mentally. Also, they are not always able to spend precious time with their families. It can be easy to take for granted the daily stresses in my life. Those are the times when I try to remember all their sacrifices. And above all, despite the demands of their jobs, they are still loving sons and daughters and incredible mothers and fathers.”
Ashley the Elf, a.k.a. Momma Elf
- “I look up to Emily and Tony. I want to get closer with God, and I just love how they are just so faith based. I just wanna be more like them. That’s my life goal: to be closer to God and see the world as God sees it. Or, at least try to when times are tough.”
Carmen the Elf, a.k.a. Little C
- “I always looked up to, so to speak, my black Lab, Rhodie. Especially during her career as a therapy dog, she showed me, more than anyone else, what companionship, patience, and unconditional love really look like.”
Tony the Elf, a.k.a. Mr. C.
- “When I first thought about this, I immediately thought of my friend, Linda (the same Linda that Vicki mentioned!). She is so encouraging and happy! However, her qualities that I adore would also describe my grandmother and Mrs. Claus. Ever since I was young, I wanted to be just like them, bustling around a kitchen, wrapping or decorating to make the world more enjoyable, and lovingly doing what I can to make the people around me a little happier.”
Emily the Elf, a.k.a. Mrs. C.
So, kids! Who do you want to be like when you grow up? We never stop growing and learning. So, we might as well have a say in what we want to be like. Give it some thought, and please, share with us in the comments below.
~S’more the Elf
Previous S’more Blog ~~~~ Click here for our next blog: S’more Pumpkin Spice!
Get the latest S’more Blog in your email by clicking HERE!