Know what??? It’s hard work bringing s’more inspiration to the world all the time. I’m not complaining, of course. Our job at The Christmas Shoppe is fun, but it’s serious work, too. Serious fun, if you will. Will you?
Our mission is to help you “celebrate always” (I Thessalonians 5:16). We elves want to help you celebrate Christmas, Halloween, Easter, birthdays, housewarmings, new babies, graduations, weddings, and every little holiday in between.
How do we do it?!? Well, with lots of holiday magic!… And, glitter!… And, Pinterest!
Mrs. C. is a Pinterest fanatic! When she first took over from the Giddens family five years ago, she began looking for s’more inspiration on this handy app. She, especially, started looking for themed tree ideas. But, guess what, guys! She couldn’t find any (or many or any really good ones). So, she decided to create a Pinterest account that would help others find awesome ideas for holidays.
So, what is Pinterest? How does it work?
- Pinterest is like a virtual cork board of unlimited size to pin ideas on.
- It allows you to save ideas that you find on the internet, like you might clip and save ideas from magazines.
- It’s free to sign up for an account.
- You can search for ideas others have already pinned on their boards.
- Create a pin from any website page or photo.
- You can create different boards to save different ideas on.
- Best yet, you can follow different friends, strangers, or companies to see what they are pinning.
- It’s addicting…. YOU ARE FOREWARNED!
Here’s a sneak peak into our Pinterest page.
We have a board for each year’s themed trees.
So far, only two trees have been made for this year, but you can see what’s in store as we finish each tree.
Don’t wanna wait?
We have a board showing our inspiration behind our themed trees called Truly Inspired Decor. These are photos capturing the different ideas behind our themed trees, and we start pinning in January! Yup, that’s when we start looking for inspiration for our themed trees and displays. There is a section here for wreath inspiration, too. We are happy to custom make a wreath, tree, or garland for you, and if you show us a picture, we will get pretty darn close to what it looks like.
We even have a board of silliness and jokes!
Most people use Pinterest to find recipes!
I don’t know how to celebrate anything without food. So, we have a recipe board, too. It has three sections:
- Our Recipe Box – the elves’ own recipes from home, some are invented and some have been served in our shoppe
- Mrs. C. Recommends – recipes Mrs. C. has tried out, maybe served at an in store event, and knows are good
- We Can’t Wait To Try – recipes we’ve seen online that sound amazing, especially ones that would be good for a holiday
There are lots of other boards you might find interesting,
Our newest board is the perfect place to plan a Weekend in Boerne!
It’s a Summer Bucket List for vacationing or stay-cationing in Boerne!
You can check it out to see all our favorite spots to eat, drink, and be merry! However, just in case you are not a Pinterest Pinning Person, I’m going to share the highlights here.
Boerne Bucket List
There are lots of relaxing and beautiful places to stay in Boerne. The following are elf approved and easy walking distance to downtown:
Mr. and Mrs. C just got back from a short, safe, socially distant vacation and discovered that not all towns have amazing restaurants like Boerne does! We are seriously blessed with a plethora of knock-your-socks-off restaurants in our humble little town. The following are my favorites for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and dessert. Just so you know, I haven’t met a restaurant in town that I didn’t like. If it’s in Boerne, it’s probably good.
- Breakfast – Bear Moon Bakery
- Lunch – Bumdoodlers
- Snack – Kelani Yogurt
- Dinner – Cypress Grille
- Dessert – Salty & Sweet
Well, of course, you are going to come see me while you are in Boerne. However, there are lots of other fun shop with clothes, antiques, books, gifts, and home decor. These are my favorites, but for a full list, visit the Visitor’s Center online or in person.
- Handmade on Main – located on the north end of our historic, downtown shopping district, this bright and cheery store specializes in handmade items (toys, bath, candy, gifts) from local artisans. It’s, also, home to the founder of Handmade Day!
- Traditions at the Depot – located on the south end of our Hill Country Mile is home to unique and upscale apparel, shoes, gorgeous jewelry, handbags, and more!
- Kiss the Cook – located near the south end of historic Main Street, this shop has everything you need to whip up a Pinterest worthy recipe.
- La Te Da – located exactly across the street from us, and full of glitter and fun!
- The Boerne Bookshop – I love to read! This stop is a must for me.
Shopping is just one type of adventure. Boerne has plenty more fun things to offer.
- Art Al Fresco – find all our fun outdoor sculptures, they make great photo spots!
- Dinosaur Tracks – just of the one things to explore at The Cibolo Nature Center!
- Cave Without A Name and Cascade Caverns – a great way to cool off while still exploring this summer
- Historic Walking Tour – learn the history of our great town
Hope these ideas help you celebrate the summer and “Celebrate Always” (I Thessalonians 5:16).
Want to see my past blogs?
Want to be the first to see my future blogs?