Swan Princess Tree
Swan Princess Tree
The Christmas Shoppe is proud to present its first themed tree of the 2019 Christmas season… The Swan Princess Tree!
Christmas in July may seem early to you, but we are in the midst of receiving our big shipments. So, now is the time for us to begin decorating for the holiday season. This particular tree had enough inventory in stock to begin decorating in June. However, more inventory is coming! So, this area and the look of the tree will continue to evolve as new items arrive.
This year, we were inspired by tradition and traditional looks. Traditional can mean lots of different things depending on what your family tree looked like growing up. Many (but not all) of our trees are going to be giving a nod to the styles that have been popular over the years. We were drawn to the tree pictured below and the brilliant way it captured the Victorian style Christmas tree. The sparkling deep reds and brilliant gold and champagne truly wowed us!
After looking among all our vendors as Market, we picked the perfect ornaments to recreate the look. Take a look at what we came up with.
Originally the tree was going to be called Red and Champagne Elegance until Mr. C. saw our champagne swan ornaments and pretty ballerina ornaments. He suggested we change the name to The Swan Princess Tree.
To capture that elegant, Victorian look, we chose ornaments that looked like diamonds, chandeliers, and robed Saint Nicolaus. Berry-topped Kissing Krystal ornaments and poinsettias pull in a rich red. Gold kissed blown glass ornaments from Egypt reflect the light.
Here are a couple tips you can take home from this tree to make your tree at home spectacular:
- Pick two opposite colors to focus on (like dark red and bright champagne) for a dramatic look that doesn’t clash.
- Combine two ribbons to make bows that stand out, one simple, one ornate.
- Try using a large bow as a tree topper, instead of a star or angel, and medium or small bows throughout the tree as focal points. (We can custom make bows for you)
- Choose ornaments in a variety of shapes and sizes, but be sure to use multiples of the same ornament to bring the whole tree together.
- Lots of drop ornaments can be added on last at the tips of the branches. It can create different looks, like icicles or like the fringe on a dress or like a chandelier.
For all these tips and more. Be sure to come by. We would be happy to help you find what you need for any tree design. You can, also, click HERE to see our themed trees and services.
Shop the look in our online store!